I am thankful for my coffee this morning. And for my simple life. Sometimes I get to reading blogs and I see these busy lives, busy children, people complaining of falling into bed after running 16 errands and barely managing to grab some take-out. And people seem to talk an awful lot about how busy they are. How they can't breathe from the busy...and so on. And I think, not me. Glad that isn't me.
Meanwhile, while they spent the day running 16 errands, barely managing to shower, I've had a wild dress-up dance party in the living room with my 2-year-old. I've spent an hour listening to stories my 11-year-old is telling me down to every minute detail. Not that one way is better than the other, just better for me. I wouldn't be able to stand being that busy.
We have our busy times and our down times. Right now we are keeping a low profile at home. Staying in out of the cold as much as possible. We are all ready for Spring, I think. I could use a few nice days to open some windows and give the house a good scrubbing.
There is really no point to anything I'm saying. Why is that? Maybe if I were busier, I'd be more interesting!
No comments:
Post a Comment