Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Look out! My crazy is showing....

I really thought today was Thursday. Dang. We've been fairly productive this week. All the laundry is washed, folded and put away. Or so I thought. Walked into Nicholas room last night to notice his hamper was full. It never ever ends, does it? I should do another load today but I think one day without running the washer would be a nice break.

I'm feeling all organizational. I really want to rip everything out of my closet and just start over. It is a disaster. I think that is par for the course though. We moved in in July and things got busy so we just sort of stuffed things in spaces they should go and left it. And now it is time to go back and start organizing and fixing those things. I'll probably start with my pantry though. Need to get it in order in case I'm down for a while and Jamie is doing the cooking.

I'm planning on doing some freezer meals and planning some things for the crock pot. But that is for when I'm back up and around (after 2 weeks). The kids will be gone while I'm down the first two weeks. I figure Jamie can handle feeding the two of us. Then while I'm getting back to normal, I'll have meals for when the kiddos come back home.

Ideally, I'd like to only send the kids to Mom's for a week and have her come back for the second week with them and help me here. I know she'd help catch up around the house and do the things Jamie won't think to do. Plus, I'll probably be up and around just not allowed to do anything and it would be nice to have company and have my babies home. Jamie's going to have to work and I know me. I'll do too much when the place is looking dusty and dingy and the laundry is piling up and the dishes aren't the way I want them. Plus, I just really hate the thought of the kids being gone for 2 weeks. But, she says she needs to stay home and work. She babysits and it's hard to take time off. People don't like not having their sitter available.

So, I'm trying to come to terms with that. I'm not sure how Sarah will do being gone for two weeks.

And of course, I'm sure people that know me think I'm nuts for making all these plans without even a surgery date or knowing for sure if we have to go that route. But, I feel better knowing I have things squared away. I need a plan. I'm a planner. And if things turn out better than the doctor thinks they will, then I've lost nothing and gained some peace of mind. I already have a notebook started and three pages of laundry instructions for Jamie. Good thing he loves me as I am! I'm pretty sure I drive everyone else crazy! He just laughs and shakes his head.

Have I mentioned yet how ready for Spring I am? Every day it is gray. And cold. And muddy. I can't wait to get a picnic table for the patio, some flowers and the smell of fresh-cut grass. We need to learn to plan a vacation for February or March. Those months just DRAG on and on with the gray and the cold and the mud. Blah.

Well, there are children here who want breakfast. What's up with that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment