So, I seriously think Jamie and I are having a joint mid-life crisis. Or something. We're blah. In a rut. Dissatisfied. Bored. Boring. Negative. And all around just sort of Meh. (And I really hate that "word," Meh, however it seems to describe quite accurately how we feel right now).
We just feel like round pegs trying to fit into square holes. Like we should be more than what we are. And yes, I'm aware it makes no sense and we have a life a lot of people would covet. It doesn't change how we feel though. Just stuck. Discontent. Never enough money. Never enough space. Work is boring. School has gotten into a rut. We are due a shake up, I think. And knowing us, it will be an interesting one.
I'm hoping we just need a chance to step out of our life for a little bit. A nice vacation. Some time away and a chance to breathe.
We are closing in on 40 in a few months. It's not a big deal but it does make you think about where you want to be, what you want to do and how the rest of your life will look.
At any rate, it will be interesting to see where this feeling takes us.
No comments:
Post a Comment