Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's a Farm Summer....

We finally have a beautiful day here today! It's warm and sunny with a cool breeze. Nicholas did his school work in record time and we have been outside all morning. Lovely! Although, SOMEONE really needs to cut the grass. I think it has gone one day too long.

I just cleaned the kitchen, emptied and reloaded the dishwasher and I have 5 baskets of laundry to fold and put away. Ugh. I know, it is simply riveting! Oh, and I might take the kids to Target later but probably not because it is such a pretty day that there is no way they want to walk around Target and I am not sure I can handle the whining.

We do have some fun exciting plans though! The kids and I are planning a Farm Summer up at my Grandparent's old farm. We are going to walk the hills, explore, be dirty, take the metal detector and all sorts of other outside goodies. Plans to follow. There isn't really TV or Internet so I'll have nothing to take my attention but just being and playing with the kids. Can't even do laundry because the farm has a really crappy well. But, I'm going to head down to Mom's once a week for Spaghetti and to do my laundry, Jamie is going to take Fridays off and meet us back at the farm for the weekends. We'll try to visit my Aunt in Morgantown once a week and maybe score a swim in their pool or hang out at their campsite for the day.

Oh, and let's not forget that the dog can bark her head off at all manner of wildlife. She's going to be a happy pup.

I am hoping to take lots and lots of fun pictures and make some great memories with my kids. Winner!

I'm really really excited about those plans. But, we won't get to leave until later than I wanted. We have to do some work to the farm house first so it is safe and clean for me and the kids. Going to hope to be there a little before my birthday and maybe have a big cookout on the farm for my 40th. (40, really?) I spent a great many of my birthdays on the farm growing up so that is nothing new!

No comments:

Post a Comment