Well, it seems like Summer is coming at us whether the weather wants to cooperate or not! Actually, it's been a lovely Spring so far. Cool, green and a little rainy. No major storms and tornadoes...yet. But still, it feels like is is probably time to get a plan together for the summer.
Nicholas finished up his school work yesterday. You've never seen such joy and excitement. Granted our school year has been kind of tough but I certainly didn't think it warranted all the whooping and hollering and dancing around the house. And then you should have seen Nicholas. *Ba Dum Bum*
So, he's officially on break. We will start back in early in August so that we can take a long break over the Holidays. He likes to hunt in West Virginia with his Grandfather and Uncle so he pretty much takes off from Thanksgiving through New Year's. And frankly, August is so hot anyway, we don't really feel like we are missing much.
Right now I'm in the midst of preparing for a yard sale. It's tomorrow and Saturday. I don't know, it's Indiana. Yard Sales are always on Fridays. I can't wait to actually see the floor of the garage! Nothing is coming back in. If it doesn't sell, it's getting marked down and then donated. I should be honest and say that I absolutely HATE having a yard sale. And what yahoo decided Mother's Day weekend was a great time for the neighborhood yard sale? I could have probably talked my family into doing something fun with me!
So after the yard sale, I'll be packing like a fool because after another week, we are headed for the Beach! Fun! We have a house rented with a pool. My parents and my brother and his wife are all going as well. Nicholas and Sarah are beside themselves and are ready to go. Sarah wants to MAKE A SAND CASTLE! AND DIG FOR TREASURE! AND GO SWIMMIN! AND PLAY WITH PAP PAP! She's going to be three in a couple weeks and has taken to talking in all caps and exclamation points. Jamie and I plan to relax! AND SLEEP IN! (there are going to be early rising Grandparents there that can enjoy the company of our children for a few hours and throw them a pop tart) AND GO ON A DATE! AND PLAY IN THE SAND!
Speaking of Sarah. SHE'S GOING TO BE THREE! Can you imagine? That little baby in the NICU box is a full-fledged walking, talking, sassing, climbing, adorable almost-three-year-old. The time is flying! I still think of her as my baby. But she's turning into a full-on little kid. Even her play room is growing up. There are more Barbies than Little People out these days. I should stop before I start lamenting the passing of time.
So, then, after the beach we come home (without kids...who are going to my Mom's for a week). Jamie and I are going to build a certain Birthday Girl a swing set. And while he's working I'm going to work on both kids' rooms. Deep clean, organize closets, maybe a coat of paint if I'm ambitious. I've really only got 3 or 4 days until they return though so I doubt I'll get to the paint. But definitely some cleaning and organizing.
After the party we'll have a couple weeks at home but the weekends will be spent at my grandfather's house in West Virginia. He's in a nursing home now. We're all getting together to clean the house up. Then the kids and I are going to spend a good bit of the summer staying on the farm. I want a chance for the kids to have that kind of freedom you only get out in the country and I'm looking forward to shirking some responsibility for a while. A little time out of the suburbs is good for the soul. There's no TV so I'm going to catch up on some reading. We'll take long walks and eat suppers of sandwiches and Popsicles.
After that, who knows what we'll get into! It looks to be like a fun and very full summer though. Especially since at some point in there I turn 40. And I'm kind of OK with that. I feel like 40 might be my year. The year I come into myself. I don't know. I'm just not dreading it.
And with that, I've got some kids to feed this morning and coffee to drink!
No comments:
Post a Comment