Monday, May 6, 2013

Green grass and window shopping...

It is just so nice to look out the window and see green grass and trees. Hints of flowers are popping up looking tender and promising. It is just so lovely. I know Jamie isn't awfully excited that the grass needs cut twice a week but sure looks green and lush this time of year. The whole scene is just...refreshing.

We had a lovely weekend. We cleaned out our storage building and brought everything over for a yard sale this weekend. It's all stacked not so neatly in the garage and needs sorted and priced but we sort of ran out of room. I'm thinking we'll have to do it as we put stuff out. The yard sale for our neighborhood is Friday and Saturday and I can't wait. Not that I'm eager to have a yard sale (hate it). I'm just eager to get all this STUFF out of here.

Friday night we went and loaded up the cart at Walmart for everything we needed for the beach. Lotions, toys, toiletries. It was fun and except for one more minor trip to Walmart for car snacks and headphones, I declare us ready to go! Jamie put some ribs on the smoker on Saturday and then we finished them off with some BBQ sauce and a little time on the grill on Sunday. They were so good. We also hit the mall Sunday and did some window shopping. Sarah did a Build-a-bear because, well, just because. Treats for no reason are one of the great things in life. Nicholas was happy to let her get something. He said he didn't really need anything. And that shows enormous restraint because we were 10 feet from the Lego store. Now, we WENT to the Lego store just to look around, but that's all.

Then it was home. I just messed around a bit in the kitchen. Baked some bread, made some granola for this week's breakfasts and made some twice baked potatoes for supper.

And that was our very exciting weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment