Frankly, just the thought of driving 3 days across the country hauling our camper, two dogs and a 7-year-old make me want to sit down in the driveway and cry uncontrollably. Thankfully, the 7-year-old is going to stay at his "Grammers" while Jamie and I undertake the drive. We're going to fly back and pick him up after his vacation. He'll be living it up at Great Wolf Lodge, fishing with his Pap, Bowling with T & Terah, and eating Cracker Barrel 2 or 3 times during the week.
We'll be living it up at the Motel 6 (pet friendly and cheap) and eating fast food in the truck. Can't leave the dogs in the truck to sit down to dinner, you know!!!
It's a 31 hour drive without stops. Will our marriage survive? Would someone like to buy me a Starbucks card and a McDonald's Card to get us through the three days and keep us speaking to each other!?!?! With that much caffeine and greasy fast food, we'll be making plenty of stops!
Will we some day look back on this and laugh?
I'll wager that not only will you laugh, but you'll remember it fondly.
ReplyDeleteMy mom mentioned today that she and my dad went to Princeton yesterday. She called the Princeton/Athens area my old stomping grounds and I felt a little pang of rememberance and LONGING! For Princeton and Athens! But it's where I met my husband and where we started our life together.
This long, frustrating trip will be the start of a very important journey for your family. I bet one day you think of it with a smile!
Probably not til sometime next year, though! Ha ha ha ha ha!