Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We have a home...

And we finally have an address in Utah. Can I just tell you how completely and utterly stressed out I've been? I haven't slept in almost two weeks. I was scared we were going to end up in an apartment. A tiny apartment. UGH!!

However, we did not. We have a 2800 square foot home waiting for us in Utah. It is cookie-cutter urban sprawl at it's best and I could not be happier. Oh the space!! This house we are in is 1300 square feet. Can you imagine the space? The stainless steel appliances (except for the fridge...we'll be using ours), the fully finished basement, the four bedrooms, four bathrooms all just make me want to sing for joy!

We're in one of those fancy planned communities. There are many parks and pools all for us to use. There is an 80 acre lake with free boat and canoe rentals. There are hiking trails, biking trails and garden parks just to sit in. Plus, they are opening a section of shopping with little french bakeries and bike shops. I don't believe there is a grocery store yet but that will be a sweet addition. The best part is that everything is situated to be in walking or biking distance. How fun would it be for Nicholas and I to bike over for a baguette and an ice cream!

The community is laid out kind of like an old town. Everyone's got a front porch and the steps kind of go down to the sidewalk. Our yard is on the small side. However, we are four houses from the park and the yard is big enough to fit the trampoline. There are lots of community fairs and events. There will be free concerts in the new section all summer.

We chose this place because we are moving across the country and won't have anyone. We hope that this will get us out among people. That it will give us neighbors and a sense of community. We found other places. Places in historic parts of Salt Lake. Places high in the mountains with Elk looking in the windows. Let me tell you those were tempting. But in the end, we'll need people. Nicholas will need other kids. There is NO shortage of children in the new neighborhood. And right now, this is what we need.

If you are curious, the website for the development is HERE. The place is called Daybreak. I hope we like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment