I have a doctor appointment today. Every two weeks. The upside is that I get an ultrasound in the office with every visit. It's not the high resolution machine and I don't get pictures to bring home but I get to see the little bean and that is nice. Also, I've lost 20 pounds since before I was pregnant. I'm not sure I've ever eaten so healthy in my life. Not counting the jaunt to Krispy Kreme. That was one treat after weeks of denial.
I've been concerned about the weight loss but no one else is so I'll let it go. The doctor says the baby takes what it needs first anyway. You know I'm a worrier. And also, the more I lose the tighter my pants get. I just think that is wonderful, though. Nice to know baby is growing!
A couple things I've learned with this pregnancy, sleeping is overrated and decaf coffee is necessary for my survival.
I haven't slept in weeks. My nights go something like this, bed at 9:30, sleep for 2 hours, up to pee, rearrange my pillows, hip hurts, move pillows to other side, accidentally smash Jamie in head with Snoggle pillow, he grunts at me, get semi-comfy and realize I have to pee again, rearrange pillows, hips hurt, rinse, repeat. I keep saying that the next night I'm just going to move to the couch but I don't.
Just smelling the decaf coffee brewing in the morning is enough to make me feel like I'm waking up. It makes me feel better.
I'm sure that is enough pregnancy news. In moving news, I've cleaned out a grand total of 0 rooms and packed and grand total of 0 boxes. I'm a slacker. Or I'm just tired. Or I'm waiting for the final word on our destination and time line. I work better with a dead line.
No comments:
Post a Comment