Friday, January 22, 2010

Plugging along...

Yes, I'm MIA. I don't really know why. Nothing to report, I guess. We are still waiting to hear the final details of the transfer out of this place. I thought about getting on here and complaining about something Utah related the other day but kind of figured I had done that to death already. So, here I am.

Still growing a baby, still plugging along. Things are going fairly well in the baby department. Not much longer until we can have our gender ultrasound and then we can finally do some shopping. NOTHING is neutral anymore.

I'm eager to get out of here and head toward home. We all are. But, there is nothing new in that.

I'm feeling somewhat invisible lately. I don't know, just kind of blending in to the woodwork. No one to make a fuss over me. We haven't even really celebrated this baby. We were so cautious in the beginning. And it just didn't go the way I had always kind of hoped. I thought we'd be so beyond giddy. And we're so happy about the baby but so cautious. I think that negativity stole our joy a bit. I don't know what I expected. Flowers and congratulations I guess. Who knows!

Things are so much better now, though. I think we've gotten through those first months and are feeling like this is real. So many times during the days we were trying to get pregnant I pictured how it would be when we finally were. And this was nothing like that. And it's OK. It's the way it is supposed to be. And it's great.

The rest is going to work itself out.

1 comment:

  1. With my 2nd baby, I rented a fetal doppler, so I could listen to the heartbeat every morning and every night. After having the first one at 28 weeks and losing so many before him and 3 more after him, I wasn't taking any chances! It's hard for us infertility people to relax and enjoy the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete