I've really been lax keeping updated here. There is just so much going on! First of all, we're moving. MOVING!!!!!! I have to say that I have NEVER been so happy about moving as I am right now. We'll be moving the end of March. The transfer has been approved but two offices are vying for the husband. So, either we'll see you in Pittsburgh or in Indianapolis. We're totally pulling for Indianapolis. We just loved living there. Plus it is so much cheaper than most other places. It's so green and lovely and I'm really hoping Indianapolis is the front runner. This will be our settling down move. This transfer will mean we get to stay put for as long as we want. We've made sacrifices and worked hard to get Jamie into this position and now, we can get where we want to be and stay there and raise our family. We're kind of getting a "do-over" and we intend to "do over" our whole life.
I can see us settling in Indy and having a future. I'm sure Pittsburgh would be great too. I mean, we have family less than an hour from there. It's just that we know Indiana and it's much more affordable.
The catch to the transfer is that we have to move ourselves. Since we haven't "served" our 18 months in Utah, we had to offer to move ourselves. So, we're major downsizing. We needed to do so anyway with the baby coming.
And that leaves me with so much to do. Boxes already lining up in my living room. UGH! We took a truckload of stuff to the donation center this weekend and have much more to go through. It feels kind of good to simplify and downsize. We just have WAY too much stuff.
And somehow we need to find a place to live. We won't have time to travel in to find a place. Jamie is working on a tight deadline at work. We both decided if worse comes to worse we'll get a 6 month lease on an apartment so we can be somewhere to have the baby and move in September or October. So, if you are in Indy and you know of a decent house for rent, we certainly don't want fancy or new, let me know. We want a decent fenced yard, 3 bedrooms and that is about it. We're going for simple, safe and homey. We've learned our lesson on fancy and new. WAY overrated!!!
And now, laundry and boxes are staring me in the face. I need to get my son on his school work and start up the ole washer!!! Hope your day is fabulous!
P.S. Jayne, if you still read this, I've tried to call and emailed several times. You've been on my mind and I just wanted to see how you were doing! Hey, maybe I'll be seeing you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment