Good Monday Morning all!
OK, so we are all in the new house except for a few things still over at the old house. A basketball goal and shopvac...things like that. After 3 months spent contemplating moving, worrying about moving, planning to move and then scheduling everything...just being IN the new house is a HUGE weight lifted. Sure, things are a wreck, boxes are everywhere and furniture is in the wrong place but, we're in. It's working.
Last night we stopped at the local grocery and got 3 giant steaks and tossed them on the grill to celebrate. It was fabulous to sit at our table and eat a meal we cooked again. Nicholas said he hadn't eaten at home in so long he forgot all his manners. I don't know why he would think you need better manners at home than out, though. Maybe we pay more attention at home?
One thing I love is my new kitchen. LOVE it. I love puttering around in it. I have twice the cabinet space and the pantry is at least double the old one. The layout is almost identical to the kitchen I had in our house in WV. So, maybe it's just familiar. We stocked the fridge a little bit and bought some things to grill out pretty much every night we can. At least the kitchen is all unpacked and working. That made a huge difference in getting things together.
Nicholas is really enjoying the yard. OK, and so is Boots. Poor dog is SO much happier here where she is not spending her life at the end of a chain or leash. It's not a big yard but it's enough for them to run around. There is room for the trampoline and a swing set. Nicholas spent the weekend earning his swing set. We told him every box he carried was a board. Yesterday we worked him pretty hard at the old house helping me clean and Daddy take some things down outside. He came in and said he earned the swings, the slide and the roof. So, I guess next month we'll be putting up a swing set. Again. This time our plan is to get the kind we left at WV. The kind from ToysRUs will never stand up to another move and another kid. So, we're just going to build a good one from Home Depot knowing it will probably have 10 more years of use in it once Sarah gets here.
We don't have a family room here, which is how we like it. So, we have an extra TV. After 10 wonderful years of marriage we put a 32 inch LCD TV in our bedroom. The first time we've ever had a TV in there. I told Jamie it was the beginning of the end. Pretty soon we'll be laying in bed on Saturday night watching the weather channel. He reminded me there would soon be a new born in the cradle next to the bed so it hardly mattered anyway. So true.
So, I've got a lot of work to do. This move has been like extreme Spring Cleaning. I have washed everything as it comes out of the box. I can definitely do some serious nesting! Sarah's room is a disaster of boxes and furniture in pieces. I can't even look in there. I just shut the door. I told Jamie my goal was to get to that room by the end of the week. We'll see.
Our plan is to do something fun for the weekend. No lifting, cleaning, carrying or moving anything. Maybe the Zoo or the Air Force Museum up at Hill Air force Base. Nicholas is dying to go there. He also wants to go to the dinosaur Quarry but it is down a gravel road in the middle of the desert and I'm not keen on being 7 months pregnant in the middle of the desert at the moment.
As for now, the boxes await!
No comments:
Post a Comment