Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A good time was had...

Oh, I just had so much fun having my Mom here. We shopped and shopped! It was exhausting. And since her clock was two hours ahead of ours she was up at 3 am packing my house. She did so much. Basically left me with the main floor and Nicholas' closet. It's still a big job but so much less than I would have been facing.

She threw me a "card" shower and had my family send gift cards. We had a cake and went to dinner. It was the BEST! We now have everything we need for baby Sarah. All we need now is for her to grow and develop and stay snug as a bug while we get moved and settled.

Sometimes it is still all so unbelievable. We're having a baby. Us. Nicholas even walks around sometimes saying he can't believe he's going to be a big brother. So cute.

We had to dismantle the nursery so we could move. That was kind of a bummer. I'm ready to get it all set back up and start washing things. You would not believe the clothes this girl has! It wasn't until the last day that we went to the Carter's store. I wish I would have gone there first. So many cute and soft things. And everything was 60% off! Was NOT impressed with Gymboree. Who would pay that kind of money for their babies to puke and poop on?

Anyway, now I'm packing the rest of the house and working Jamie to death. Nicholas and I are ready to just move and get settled in the new place. He's pretty excited to have a yard again, especially fenced. He's been telling our big black Lab that she will get to be free again in a few days and how they will play ball without her being on the chain and how happy she will be. So cute. They are best buddies.

And so, I'm off to pack the house and try to keep things under control. This is the worst part. Everything is in total chaos. I hate this part of moving!

Hey, at least the weather is warming up and there is hope for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment