There is a new sign hanging in my living room. I saw it and had to have it. It sums up our life rather perfectly. It says,
Happiness is not a Destination.
It is a way of life.
So so true. We do well to remember that it isn't about where we are or where we are going. What makes us happy is the way we live. We choose to stay positive and find joy.
So, a couple joyous things for today. Sarah's birthday is coming! She's just turning into such a stinker and a doll baby! She has been so happy lately. I'm excited for her birthday. Last Memorial weekend definitely left a lot to be desired. Ugh. It seems such a world away when she is crawling around here getting into trouble.
Second, we went to the park today for our first park day and my boy played his heart out! He found friends to run around with and they played so hard that he nearly fell asleep in the car on the way home. It is so nice to be getting a life again.
On a sad note, a dear friend of mine and Mom to Nicholas's best buddy is losing her fight with cancer. I'm so sad for her. She adores her boy and I know that she is thinking of him above all else. That she is worried for his future. She just wanted to be able to take him on vacation in Florida in October. I have no idea what will be next for her husband and son. Of course I'm hoping for a miracle. I really wanted her to take that vacation!
And my son told me he's never going to stop hugging me today.
And I feel very very blessed for my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment