Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend...

The breezes are warm this morning. The sky is turning blue. So lovely. I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. We were so busy and productive but we managed to have some fun at the same time. It wasn't exactly the weekend I envisioned. I thought we'd be heading to the zoo. I hadn't planned on spending a day with a stomach bug and then running errands non-stop the next day. Or stocking our fridge and freezer near to bursting. However, like so many things in life, the unexpected, was unexpectedly wonderful.

We had an adventure at the plant farm. So many beautiful things. So many unusual plants. I bought flowers in baskets and flowers to plant and planters that need flowers. We hit Sam's club and found some good deals on things we buy. We now have enough Club Crackers for Sarah to gnaw herself silly for two months. Happy Birthday Baby Girl. After the cost of the Sam's Club trip that may be all you get.

Sunday Morning found me waking up to my two darlings holding Starbuck's cards. Sweet! I was still feeling too gross to get my customary french toast in bed breakfast. Which worked out, as that meant there was less syrup for me to clean up later. We spent the day shopping. Grocery and other. I got some super cute Pjs from Khol's. We got everything home and put away, spent some time enjoying the outside and went for ice cream in our pajamas, along with every other mama in town, at 8:00. All in all, I'd call it a successful weekend.

And now, I'm eating strawberries, bananas and melon. Just thought you'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment