How in the world did it get to be Thursday without me noticing? One thing that makes me happy about that is Friday is payday. It's been a tight couple weeks for various annoying reasons. I'm excited for the weekend, not because of all the RAIN we are getting but for the fact that it's Mother's Day. My first with our little Sarah. And so this weekend I get to SLEEP IN (I almost fainted from excitement), go shopping, and pick some place I, and I alone, chose to eat. They can bring PB&J if they don't like it. Oh, and at the restaurant, I don't have to entertain Sarah. To be fair, Jamie is always a lot of help anyway but something about KNOWING he's going to do it makes it that much more special.
I think I'm going to go get some cute pjs and look at some summer shoes. We need a massive amount of groceries and a trip to Sam's club. So, while I'd like to go out and blow a ton of money, it isn't likely to happen. I do think I'll get something to get the gray out of my hair so I don't look like Sarah's Grandma and some Jergens gradual tan because I don't do pale. Our one tradition for Mother's Day is that the boys take me out to buy my hanging baskets and container flowers. It's very special to me. I haven't even figured out what I need yet. I'd best do that before we go to the nursery and I just BUY what I like.
Our original plan had been to go to the Cincinnati zoo but the weather isn't going to cooperate. So, we'll have to do that some other time. I'm not going to see my Mom for mother's Day. I always get her a hanging basket as well but she's getting new carpet put in this weekend and nothing could drag me into that mess.
I had hoped the weekend would be nice enough for grilling and playing outside but not going to happen. We are getting a TON of rain. As if we need more. Our sump pump pretty much runs all the time. Jamie said he sat in the driveway the other day and actually saw the grass grow. He may have been exaggerating a tiny bit. Everything is flooded. I hope it slows down soon. Not to a drought but just slows down.
We have a nice day on tap for today, though. I'm grilling some thick cut pork chops and going to let Sarah wander the deck this afternoon.
Well, this was a lot of fluff. A lot of little things that add up to a life. I'll take it.
The Evil Twin asked me if I'd like to eat at the Japanese Hibachi House for Mother's Day. Of course, I love it and said yes. We save that place for special occasions anyway. Enjoy your weekend! :-)
ReplyDelete