I have a beautiful life.
Not every single day is perfect and wonderful and fresh. Some days are boring. Some days I'm so deep in the trenches of motherhood that I could and do collapse from exhaustion. Some days I just want to be pampered. The bills are due. The kids are bad. Nothing is getting done. But, most of my days are perfectly wonderful.
Not perfect days. Just perfectly what they are supposed to be. My life is beautiful. I have two completely amazing children. A husband I absolutely adore. He works hard for us. He's an amazing father. My children are happy and safe. For this one moment we're OK.
Like anything though we have room for improvement. I've been so lazy the past few weeks. Month really. Meals are thrown together and mostly unhealthy. The basics are getting done around the house but that is it. I'm not getting up in the morning and am really oversleeping. And you know what, it doesn't make me feel any better. It just makes me more tired. I haven't seen Jamie out the door since I came back from my Mom's.
So, maybe I need to be an active participant in my beautiful life again. Let the light back in the windows. Find a reason to laugh with my husband. Grab some time on the treadmill. Stop living off coffee and Goldfish crackers.
Or maybe I'll take another nap. It's the hottest day in 23 years. Not really the time to get ambitious.
Maybe tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment