Monday, July 18, 2011

Where have the days gone?

We had a very busy week last week. We had a cousin here with us and the boys were busy camping out in the basement, playing a million hours of Wii, eating snack after snack, staying up too late and waking up too early.

So, let me ask a question. When did appliances become disposable? We just bought another microwave. It just quit and died. Pbth! Nothing. It seems like we buy one every couple years. The washer started to act up and it would seem a washer that does more than 3 loads a week (seriously, 3 loads a week....WHO would only do that much laundry?) has a lifespan of 5-7 years. I guess it is true what they say that things aren't what they used to be.

Now that I sound like I should be sitting around the sun room of the old-folks home, let's move on.

Let's move to another old-folks topic. The weather. It is hot. Oh, so HOT! There isn't going to be a break in the heat for days and days either. I think tomorrow the kids and I are going to hang out in the basement and do laundry. Sarah has been out in her little pool today but I think tomorrow is even going to be too hot for that.

So, stay cool! We will be doing our best over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment