Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What would it be like....

To know we don't have to contemplate moving, worry about moving, be moving, or still unpacking. What would it be like to just know that we were where we are going to be for the long haul. That we could focus on everything and anything else. That our stuff would have a permanent home. We could have things actually put away. We could look at the next year and the next year and make plans that don't start with, "if we don't have to move in June, we could do XY or Z." Or not have to wonder if our tax return is going to be used for moving or fun.

How would it feel to wake up every morning and not wonder about moving. Not wonder if there is something better. Not wonder in the back of our minds if the owner was making his house payment. Right now, when something goes wrong we just think "eh, we'll move when the lease it up." But, Oh if we didn't have to. We'd just have to deal with whatever. And I guarantee these little annoyances wouldn't bother us nearly as much. We'd just shrug them off if there was no easy "out."

Would I actually decorate? I used to decorate every house we moved into. Now I just sort of hang our stuff willy-nilly and hope it looks like I made an effort. I WANT to decorate. I want to put time, money and myself into the kids bedrooms. I seriously long to do something with our master bedroom. We have all the leftover odds and ends. I seriously want to replace the light fixtures. They are BRASS and really just awful. Awful.

I know that in a couple years our debts will be gone. Our credit will be recovered from all the moving across country. I know we'd buy this house if the owner let's us rent until we're ready. I'm impatient. Just want to be settled. Do I decorate anyway? Paint? Mulch and weed the out of control flower beds? Dig my big garden in next year? Do I just invest in things that are "mobile?" Things we can take with us? I could change out the light fixtures and then take them with us and rehang the old.

I guess I'm just impatient. There is no easy right or wrong answer. Guess I was just wondering...

For today, laundry is calling. Another day in paradise my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment