I am enjoying the early light this morning. I was ready for the time change. It's much easier to get up and going when it isn't so dark!
We took a spur-of-the-moment trip to West Virginia this weekend. We just hung out, ran around and did some Christmas shopping and got to go out to eat a few times. It was a really nice break. The kids had a ball and spent three days being totally spoiled. Sarah was exceptionally good this weekend. She was even good in the car. It should be noted though, that she never slept in the car at all. She stayed up until nearly midnight on Thursday night as we drove in and last night we left around 4:00 and she was up until we got home. Then when we DID get home, she ran around the house like a maniac for an hour like she had been gone for months. She had to sit on all the furniture and touch all her toys. She had to sit in her Tinkerbell chair and have a snack and watch some TV.
Nicholas got to hang out with his aunt and uncle this weekend and have a ball playing video games and doing who knows what. Then he and Jamie and Tim went up to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch some sort of fight thing on TV. He got to eat wings and hang with the men-folk after 10:00. He thought he was something else.
It was such a nice weekend to just hang out and visit. But, I really had plans for this past weekend at home and now I'm behind. It was worth it though. I just have to play catch up for the rest of the week. Jamie's folks are visiting this weekend so I need to make sure I have laundry and things caught up. And I seriously need to get to the grocery store unless I plan on feeding them peanut butter and jelly all weekend.
On that note, I'm off to toss in some laundry before the kiddies are up and begging for food.
Have a good Monday!
So glad you had a good weekend! I'm having a little bit of a stressful day, but I know it'll get better. :-)
ReplyDelete