Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Into November we go....

Halloween is behind us and now we are into November. It's nice. The mornings are cold and even sometimes frosty but the afternoons have been warm and sunny. It makes it nice for getting the kids outside into the fresh air for a bit. Well, except for all the spiders wandering around this time of year. I was only in Utah for 2 years. How could I have forgotten the spiders? When we went to come in yesterday there were about 15 tiny black spiders sunning themselves on the siding of the house. ICK!
However, now that we are into November I'm into the Holiday spirit and headed full-steam ahead into my preparations. If you are wondering why I'm so gung-ho for Christmas this year it's because this is really our first year to have a big Christmas with Sarah. She was certainly here for last Christmas but we were between houses, between Utah and Indiana, the kids and I were staying with my folks, Jamie was living in a hotel and all our stuff was still in Utah. We just didn't have a chance to have our usual family Christmas. And while Christmas at my Mom's was lovely and wonderful, it wasn't home.
We are much more settled this year. I have space for all my decorations. Nicholas and I will be busting out some cookies and Christmas music. We will be cutting down a tree. And generally just taking delight in watching Sarah discover all the wonders of the season.
My plan for today is to dig out my Christmas cookbooks and start looking for some dip recipes. We decided to have a Diptacular on Christmas Eve. Just all kinds of dips. Christmas Eve is always kind of crazy and we stay up most of the night getting things ready and helping Santa. We'll have to do that times 2 this year. There is much assembly required! Many batteries to install!
And on that note, my littlest one is stirring. She'll be wanting breakfast and her milk. So, I guess I'm on for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment