It was quite a weekend around here. As noted earlier, I'm sick as a dog. However, that did not diminish (much) the wonders of a weekend spent with my little family. The most notable thing to happen this weekend? We bought paint. Oh, yes we did. 9 gallons of it to be exact. Buying paint kind of screams..."Hey, we're staying!" like nothing else. Though it should be noted that we bought the paint but none of it made it onto the walls.
I was just feeling too bad to mess with it.
However, next weekend, we are ON for all the painting. I got a color called Valley Mist for the kitchen/Dining area and an Antique White for the living room and Stairs. I'm very excited. The 10-year-old builder white with all the smudges and dinginess is being banished.
I also got a few new things for the kids bathroom. The most darling shower curtain EVER.
We spent Sunday hunkered down at home except for a quick trip to Staples. I have this little corner of the kitchen peninsula that I call my own little office area. And it is a touch out of control. So, I went looking for some organization. I found a neat little modular set up from Martha Stewart so I got a couple pieces of that.
Jamie got the yard mowed and treated for the Spring. It's rather hard to believe we are already cutting grass. It was a little cooler this weekend and I really missed the warmer weather.
However, now it is 4 am on Monday morning and I can't sleep. I've been up since 2:30 and before that I was just tossing and turning. I really need some sleep. I'm so tired. I just can't seem to get there.
I hope the rest of Monday goes better than this!
No comments:
Post a Comment