Friday, March 30, 2012

Get it done!


She's such a big girl with her french toast and Banana Triple Berry Smoothie!


The Stools going from black to cream. Much brighter!

I'm feeling ambitious today. I don't really know why. I've been a bump on a log for months now. But suddenly I can see all the things I want to do very clearly. My first project is to paint the house. I'm going to start tonight and hopefully get through it this weekend. Jamie is going to have to take over the kids for the weekend but I don't think he minds if it means he gets out of painting. Well, he gets out of all of it except the step area. There is NO WAY I can reach, even on our tallest ladder the top of the step area. He offered to do that part this evening so I can get up and get to work in the morning.

I started painting the bar stools as well. They aren't really bar stools. They were the counter top height chairs from our tall table. We have a new table with regular chairs now and I am so much happier having a regular height table back! Now Sarah can sit at dinner with us without me thinking she is going to fall off and crack her head!

So, painting is the first order of business. Then we need to order a dump truck load of mulch. I really want to plant a bunch of flowers and a veggie garden but I need to keep it small this year. It's kind of a bummer but I have big plans. I AM going to start the perennial garden so that it will come up again next year. The front of the house needs softened and so I need a few small shrubs and stuff for up there. Mostly mulch will make a huge difference though. No one has put mulch down in 11 years. I have HUGE backyard plans. Maybe next summer. At the very least we are putting in a sandbox for Sarah.

The kids rooms will get painted over the summer when they are off in West Virginia. It will just be easier to paint and clean them when they are gone. Our bedroom is on my radar too but I just don't know yest what I want to do with it.

We have all the stuff off the walls and the holes patched. It looks so bare. Like we're just moving in or moving out. Yuck.

OK, I hope to have a productive weekend! The weather looks good so maybe Jamie can take the kids to the park for a couple hours and I can get some stuff done!

Hope your weekend is fun and productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment