Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Do they make Lysol Bombs?

What is it about the warm weather and sunshine that makes we want to tear everything out of my house and hose it all down? I just want to CLEAN EVERYTHING!!!! It doesn't help that we've been sick sick sick since, like, October. We're still battling something. I have people on steroids, hormone treatments and mega cough meds. A little boy (OK, not so little) headed to the doc this evening. The girl just got off an antibiotic and her nose is running again and she may have been pulling at her ear. Again. I feel like Lysol bombing the house.

I just want to see everything sparkle. I'm going to paint the weekend after this one. We're supposed to go to Pigeon Forge this weekend. Well, we're going. Might as well be sick and having fun playing 60 rounds of mini golf than stuck at home sniping at each other. Steroids make certain male people seriously grouchy. Lack of sleep is making me impossible to live with so it is a fun fun time around here my friends.

Sarah has started some weird phase where she wakes up in the middle of the night and screams bloody murder until someone (me) gets her and sits with her in the dark. So, we thought, we'll try tough love. Make sure she is OK and then let her cry it out. She woke up the whole house with her screaming. Nicholas was hacking and coughing and he really needed some rest so she got up and we sat together for a bit last night. I had a MAJOR cry fest breakdown sitting on the floor of her room. Oh, it was fun! I hadn't slept since Saturday.

Of course this morning she's just as cute as can be. Like nothing happened.

And now I just want to clean everything. Bleach everything. Turn everything inside freaking out and scrub it.

And I'd like to say one last thing.

Dear Terminex,
We pay you an obscene amount of money. Why am I smashing spiders with my shoe? I pay you to take care of that. I don't do bugs. Fix it.

And that's all she wrote!

1 comment:

  1. You know we're in the same boat. Today, the little one woke up with a fever. I had to keep her home from Kindergarten. When you find that Lysol bomb, let me know where you bought it.

    Here's hoping y'all feel better soon and enjoy your get-away!

    ReplyDelete