Thursday, April 5, 2012
Spring Break...
So, we are having the first leg of our Spring Break this week. Nicholas lucked himself into a two-week break. We had a cousin come at the last minute this week. The boys have been playing video games and eating me out of house and home. Sarah has not been a happy camper. She does not like being left out of things. However, to give the boys credit, they have taken some time every day to include her. She's so bossy for such a little thing!
Then next week my Mom will be here. We're doing a big Spring shopping fling. Just hanging out and filling the kid's wardrobes and I want to shop for some things for the house. Maybe even fill my wardrobe a tiny little bit.
On the domestic front, I have lost my iron. Who loses an iron? HOW can you lose an iron? I don't know but that should tell you something about my state of mind the last part of this winter. I just couldn't even be bothered to deal with wrinkles. And now I really need my iron for Easter. That iron is not in this house though. I have looked everywhere!
I have a houseful coming for Easter. It makes me so happy! The only downside is that the boys appropriated the basement this week and well, that is where company sleeps. It's going to need some work tonight. And some airing out. And maybe an air freshener. Boys are kind of gross.
Our Easter menu:
Ham
Potato Salad
Baked Beans
Grape Broccoli Pasta salad (new via Southern Living via Pinterest)
Layered green salad with home made dressings (make dressings Friday)
Rosemary rolls
Deviled eggs
Raw veggie platter
I'm going picnic style this year. Easy to keep and do ahead. Easy for leftovers, no heating up. Plus, Ham, potato salad and baked beans is one of my favorite meals EVER.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our son's room smells so gross! LOL. When he is in school, I make it my mission to Febreze that place to within an inch of its life.
ReplyDeleteI should buy stock in that stuff, I go through it like crazy.
Your menu sounds really good. I don't eat ham, but might fix one if we had company (which never happens on Easter).