It was a fairly successful painting weekend. I'm absolutely in LOVE with the color of my kitchen. LOVE. The forever kind of love. We're going to run away together and buy curtains. It's funny how a little bit of paint can make the whole house feel new. I still have to paint the area going down the steps. I hope to do that during nap time today.
So, we bought some paint. Now I need new curtains. And OH, I saw a great rug for the dining area. It would be gorgeous with the new paint. So we bought that. Now the sliding doors need new curtains. I suddenly didn't like any of the shelves I had up. They are sitting in the garage. But now the walls are too bare. They need just a little something.
So a little paint is cause for new rugs, new curtains and some stuff for the walls. I like it.
Also, you really just don't know how dirty the walls are until you start to paint them. I would have said this island I'm sitting at was white until I started to paint it. I was actually embarrassed we lived like that for a year.
I seriously just spelled "year" wrong to make sure spell check was working because I didn't believe I spelled embarrassed right on the first try. I'm a dope.
We have a cousin here this week so the boys are off doing boy stuff like video games and many Legos. Sarah is NOT HAPPY about being ignored. Thankfully they spent some time playing outside with her yesterday. She thinks she's just one of the guys.
And she definitely has her bossing papers! It's funny watching a two-year-old boss around a 10 and 12-year-old like it was nothing. Even funnier to watch them do what she tells them to!
She comes by it honest!
She CAN'T be 2 already!? Our Sissy is a bossy bear, too. :-)
ReplyDeletewell, ALMOST 2. She'll be 2 June first. She's 2 going on 6. Oh, the drama already!
ReplyDelete