Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Birthday...to ME!

There has been so much happening that it has been almost too much to talk about. First off, today is my birthday. Happy Birthday to Me! I'm doing laundry. Isn't it funny how things change. I used to wake up with a sense of anticipation on my birthday. Knowing this was going to be a GREAT day. Then you grow up and they just sort of come around and fit into your life with little fanfare. And you know what? It is fine. I appreciate being remembered on my birthday, some special treats from my Mom and some special treatment from my husband. I'm good with that. I'm just thankful to be around still having birthdays.

In other news, we are buying a house. We are under contract and awaiting closing. Pretty exciting for us! We are happy to be putting down some roots. Jamie and I were talking yesterday about how incredibly stressful and insane the past two weeks have been. We went from talking about a job transfer to deciding to stay to trying to find a house all in the space of a two weeks. It's been an interesting journey. We've been up and down and not so patiently waiting for responses. I don't think it is something we really ever want to have to do again.

However, I'm so very excited to be getting a home of our own after so long. I'm excited about putting down some roots and being able to think about other things. I need to be packing and getting organized but it is next to impossible to do with Sarah around. I am finding it a challenge, to say the least, to get anything done.

I can't believe it is already the 4th of July. We spent the day running a few errands, having a water gun battle, grilling some burgers, playing in Sarah's pool and eating some birthday cake. It was a really good day. We didn't feel like dragging ourselves out for fireworks so we just spent a quiet evening inside. I think we're both just still recovering from the whirlwind of house hunting and making decisions. It was something else! I really want to write it down so I won't forget it. It was a lot more involved than I have time to go into this morning and I want to remember how it all turned out for us.

For today, I'm going to try to catch up on laundry and hang out INSIDE. Hope everyone is staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment