What day is it? Anyway, I'm in the midst of chaos. Complete and utter chaos. The house is a total wreck and I don't have anything packed. There is just enough done that the kids can't really play downstairs. The upstairs isn't much better. They are driving me completely insane. They go to my Mom's tomorrow and then I'll have a couple days to pack. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to limit the distractions and just get to it.
We're having a moving sale on Saturday. Lordy I hate having garage sales. HATE it. But the money will come in handy to cover some expenses.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to take my time moving in to the new house so that we can start off somewhat organized. I moved in here so fast that things are still tossed where I threw them whether it made sense for them to go there or not. Since our next house should be for the long haul, I hope to be able to get it all nice and somewhat neat.
We're so excited to be moving into OUR house. It's not grand or anything. It is about 10 years old. 2000 square feet. Nice. The kitchen could use an update from the builder grade and the white vinyl floor really has to go. But it has good bones, a fireplace, all the bedrooms upstairs, and a homey feel. It is a sweet little house we can call home and make our own. There is enough room for everyone and it is bright and cheery and in a fabulous neighborhood.
When we started house hunting we went out with stars in our eyes and a giant budget. However, we soon realized we just didn't need all that. We didn't want to be house poor or even house stretched. So we dropped our budget by nearly $150,000. I think that is one of the smartest things we've ever done. It allowed us to get a house a bit quicker and it keeps us from feeling pinched. It will save us money over what we are paying in rent as well.
And so while we were feeling all grown up and practical, we also had to cancel our vacation. That one hurt, let me tell you. Disney released free dining this week. Walking away from that is HARD my friends. So hard. However, moving is expensive. Plus we kind of decided to buy this house before we were quite there with our down payment so we had to stretch ourselves beyond our comfort zone a little to get there. And then closing costs, insurance and all that other stuff just means we're going to be a little tight. Not to mention it cost $13,000 to have tubes put in Sarah's ears and although we have insurance it pretty much sucks so we have a pretty hefty bill from that to pay. Do you know that it took 10 minutes from the time they took her back for the doctor to come get us. Nicholas didn't even have time to finish a Popsicle. I digress. Never mind. So, anyway, no vacation for us this year.
However, that leaves us more time and money to enjoy our Christmas. So, I'll be going ALL out this year. In a way I haven't done in years and years. It will be the first one where Sarah will really be a part of things so it will be pretty exciting!
And with all that in mind, I have to go. I've got no Internet and am using the wi-fi hotspot on my phone. It's not bad, really. A little temperamental though. I'll be back once we get Internet at the new house!
No comments:
Post a Comment