Friday, July 27, 2012

What the heck happened around here?!

Goodness! This move has been killing us. It's just been chaos. I'm still in the middle of big-time unpacking. The master bedroom is basically a bed and about 25 boxes. The garage doesn't even have a path to walk through from the boxes. It's fairly AWFUL. We just didn't get things we needed done in time before the move. We needed to get the shelves up in the garage but didn't. We needed some shelves in Sarah's playroom and a set in our bedroom but ran out of money. The movers cost twice as much as we expected. I have been waiting around the house for FIVE DAYS to get our Internet working.

It's just been mass chaos. Thank God we had family willing to come in and lend a hand. There is still stuff over at the other house and we're still doing some cleaning. It been 6 weeks of this packing and moving. I just don't know what went wrong or what happened to make this so much more disorganized and unmanageable.

One way or the other we'll be finished up at the old house this weekend. And then I can put some real time into getting this place unpacked and organizing. Right now I'm sitting at the kitchen counter looking at a bed frame and some empty boxes. Why is there a bed in my kitchen? I have NO idea! I'm so SICK of having our CRAP all over the place. So sick of it!

I just want to put on my pajamas, fix a cup of tea, find a comfy seat and sit down with the computer and a notebook and get our school year figured out. It's coming up faster than you think! At least unpacking will give me a chance to go through what supplies we have and what we need. Although, I have no where to put anything right now.

However, I'm very happy with the new house. It feels very sweet and homey. Our neighbors seem nice. We've already been given a cucumber from the garden and a warning about how much candy we'll need for Halloween. So, I know it will all work out and we'll get it together. It just is going to take some time. I'm hoping to get lots done over the weekend and be able to just LIVE here next week. We'll see how it goes!

And some day I'll be back and will have everything taken care of! We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment