So, I've just been feeling unsettled of late. Like there is something on the edge of my vision that I can't see. Something big. Maybe I'm just having a touch of anxiety. The world is in such disarray. I can sometimes get very very overwhelmed by the state of things. I'll have moments where I wish I could just take my little family off somewhere and cozy and homey and give them a safe haven from the world.
It doesn't help when Jamie comes home and brings up the same feelings I'm having. We aren't really those kinds of people. We aren't doomsdayers or preppers or anything like that. We're just middle of the road, middle of the country, middle of the state, middle class suburbanites. We're both just battling a little bit of that unsettled feeling about our life right now.
And since I can't control the world, I'll have to work on my environment here. I think I need to beef up the cozy factor to the house, turn my attention to domestic matters, battle some cob webs and dust bunnies, read a few picture books and try to ride out these moments. That's how I cope. The same way women have coped with life for thousands of years. It's our gift.
I can't make the world change but I can make a cozy and safe haven for my family at home. It's so important to have that kind of place in your life. No matter where you go.
No comments:
Post a Comment