Thursday, February 25, 2010

Let the dark go...

I'm feeling all domestic today. My house feels dark and heavy and I'm just ready to spruce it up and Spring it up a little! All the red is getting on my nerves. I think I'll get something new for the table, get some Easter flowers (I know, in a few weeks) and just throw some yellows and robin's egg blues at everything.

I'm ready to put my summer stuff on the porch and go out in my bare feet to water flowers every morning.

I want to throw open all the windows and wipe the winter grime off of every wall, baseboard and surface.

Even though we had a relatively bad week last week with one crisis or another, and it put me in a rotten mood, I'm still relatively happy. We're making real strides at our future. We have really looked and evaluated what we want, what we want to give our children and where we need to be. Instead of running on emotion and knee-jerk reactions, we've actually weighed pros and cons and come up with an idea of how we would like to pursue the future. And it's not one I'd ever thought I'd be looking for! These choices and decisions have been made over several weeks and not our usual overnight-decide-on-a-whim M.O. And what am I talking about? Well, I'm not going to say. Details are still being worked out and we still may be in Salt Lake for another year. I'm OK with that. Really. We need time to get our family settled, to adjust to the new addition and to just enjoy the moments. If we're staying, we'll probably have to move from this house in the spring. Just one of the crisis from last week. I think we'd be a LOT happier in SLC in a different neighborhood with a real yard anyway. And if we aren't in Salt Lake City, all the better.

Spring comes fairly early here. I'm excited about that. The neighbors tell me that in a few weeks we should be seeing warmer temps and green grass. Bulbs are popping up and trees are starting to bud. The birds are coming home as well.

So, while I'm tired and worn down a little, I see hope in the future. I see signs of Spring. I feel the sun warming up every day. And I know that whatever the future holds for us, it's going to be an amazing adventure. As long as we're together.

No comments:

Post a Comment