Don't fall over in shock. I'm about to say something NICE about Utah of all things. I have to say, though, I have loved February here so far. It's been near 50 degrees most days and the sun has been shining. There's been maybe one or two days that have started out gray but have turned to sun. It's been dry, even. The sun seems to be moving into a different angle because for most of the day it is streaming into one window or another. I've enjoyed that.
I haven't worn my coat out of the house all month. It's just warm enough to go from car to store etc without it. The ground is thawing though so that means lots of MUD. Not much I can do about that, though.
I have to think of nice things to say about Utah because I think we're going to be here for a bit longer than we intended. Things just aren't going well back East. So, we are reevaluating. No matter how you look at it, though, we are incredibly blessed.
I think we're going to look for another rental house though. One with a real yard and a fence. Some place where we can have a BBQ and sit outside under a tree. With a yard for football and where we would be allowed to have a basketball goal in the driveway. It's the little things. We're going to look a little north of Salt Lake City. Closer to Hill Airforce Base. With all the military families we're bound to find more people a bit more like us. People who enjoy football and Nascar. I know there are LOTS of homeschoolers up there. The group is very active. There are several large Churches up that way, too. We thought of attending but knew we would never drive over 30 minutes every Sunday morning. I think it will make a world of difference to get out of this neighborhood. It's so oppressive!
I'm not looking forward to moving while pregnant but I think once we are settled, we would be so much happier. I feel sorry for Jamie since he will carry the burden of most of the move. I'll be a few more months along. However, I'm carrying a human. He can carry a few boxes.
Just a new perspective in time for the new baby might be enough to tide you over until things work out for a transfer. :-)
ReplyDelete