The whole goal thing? Not so much. I got the laundry washed but the folding and the putting away are still staring me in the face. It's OK. I'm no perfectionist!
You know, I love love love to plan meals and stock groceries and cook for my family. However, I haven't been cooking much at all lately. I have good intentions but around 4:00 when it is time to actually start supper, I just don't want to do it. I just don't. Raw meat skeeves me out completely right now. Simply the thought of mashing potatoes exhausts me!
It doesn't help that my wonderful hubby is so willing to spoil and indulge me right now. He's all "That's OK babe. I can pick something up. Or we can grab something out." God bless him. He is enabling me. I just have such weird food aversions with this pregnancy. One minute all I want is a hamburger, but by afternoon, the thought of hamburger grosses me out.
Also, it's much easier to stick to my Gestational Diabetes diet when we eat out. I can get whatever I want to eat and Nicholas and Jamie can get whatever they want and I don't have to fix 3 different meals or extra sides and bread just to fill them up.
I think as the weather warms up it will get easier. More things tossed on the grill. I can stick potatoes in the oven, open a bag of salad and boom! A balance meal!
Don't get me wrong though, I'm totally sucking up the not cooking thing. It's kind of nice to be spoiled a little bit.
Or else I'm just turning into a total slacker. Eh, whatever.
No comments:
Post a Comment