Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In the trenches...

Do you ever feel like your stuck down in the trenches? I feel I'm trapped in the drudgery of day to day life right now. It seems like exciting things are happening to everyone around me. I just plug along, changing diapers, washing dishes, doing laundry, NOT sleeping. I can't even manage to get out and get a haircut. I just plug along. Unnoticed. Unappreciated.

Oh, I'm noticed if they can't find a clean dress shirt or their favorite Mario shirt or need a diaper change. I'm noticed if I'm asking them to do something. It's always met with a sigh and a grumble or silence.

I sometimes think if I disappeared no one would notice until they got hungry. Or needed socks.

What am I really bringing these days to my work here? Certainly not joy. Sometimes I'm tired of washing the same dishes, doing the same laundry and fixing the same meals. It's hard to stand in the kitchen and think about all that needs fixed and cleaned in a never ending loop every single day. It's like the movie Groundhog day in my life sometimes.

I think I just have a raging case of Spring fever. I'm not doing my part joyfully. My life is freaking amazing and wonderful and I'm grumbling. I suppose everyone is entitled to a bad day, though. I think what I need is a day out having fun. Not running errands. Just out with my kids in the fresh air and sunshine. The sun shines a little warmer every day. It will start getting better and better.

I've been sick and I haven't been much fun to be around. So, why wouldn't they ignore me?! I don't want to be around someone who's all moody and irritated and who acts like washing my shirts is a burden.

I'm just complaining. My blog. My pity party. I feel better already. Sometimes I just want to complain to the cosmos and get it out of my system. It's better than letting it all fester and rot!

2 comments:

  1. U R Right... you need some sunshine. I have been learning to deliver mail. (I'm temporarily employed with USPS) It has been in the 70's and 80's all week and all I can say is how beautiful is this day. I'm as nasty as you can get by the end of the day but just being outside in beautiful weather makes everything MUCH better. Hang in there... you will have spring soon!!! (and then eventually we'll be hating July :)). I loved the pictures of the kids - especially "take me to Disney"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the most inspirational email to send you - email me at eviltwinswife@gmail.com. It's all about feeling like an invisible mom. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete