I'm tired. I may have mentioned it a time or two. Just plain tired. Our life is bursting it is so full right now and that, my friends, is exhausting. And lately, not only have I been keeping up with life in general but I've been trying to keep up to impossible standards around home as well. Sometimes I get overwhelmed.
I feel like the house isn't neat enough. The kitchen not organized enough. The laundry is too far behind and sitting in piles. I've been know to rewash an entire load because when I got them out of the dryer, they didn't smell fresh enough. I forgot the fabric softener. Yes, I have rewashed perfectly clean clothes for lacking Fresh Mountain Scent. I clearly need to step back and re prioritize.
My kitchen counters will never be picture perfect. You know why? I cook 3 meals a day in this house. Plus snacks. Plus baby meals. There's a big stoneware bowel on the counter filled with medications, vitamins, the odd screw or nail, tape and nail polish I never get around to using. And you know what, it's going to stay there.
I tripped over a baby toy this morning. Said baby got a big laugh from Momma hopping around with a sore foot. I could be irritated by the baby toy or enchanted that there is a baby laughing around here. There is baby laughter in my house. That is a freaking miracle.
I feel like my meals aren't nice enough. Aren't homemade enough. I feel inadequate. And that is dumb. So, occasionally I have to adjust my expectations. I have to step back and realize I'm only human. If my home is clean, comfortable and happy, I'm already ahead of the game. And my kitchen might have baby bottles on the counter and the occasional unknown sticky substance near the sink. But, I manage to cook meals for my family. And my son said to me at supper last night that "Mom, you always make food so fun!"
I still feel like I never get done sometimes. Guess that is job security!
No comments:
Post a Comment