Thursday, March 3, 2011

Staying home...

I love staying home. I love being here for my kids and being able to do for them and with them. Sometimes people can be very critical of Mom's who stay home. I know sometimes it is out of jealousy. Sometimes contempt. Not everyone will understand the choice to stay home and do without certain things. Not everyone would be willing to give up a career to stay home and just be a Mom.

I personally find it incredibly fulfilling. I really wouldn't do it any other way. It's all I've ever wanted to do. Stay home, keep house, raise a family and just be a wife and a mother. I think it is a valid choice. I'm thankful for the women who have gone before me to make it a choice though. I believe you should do whatever you want with your life. Want to be a physicist or a teacher, go for it. Want to stay home and raise a family, by all means. Want to drive a bus? Well, more power to you.

Staying home is right for me. It's right for our family. I love finding people who share my passion. Our new pediatrician is VERY supportive of stay at home Mom's. Explaining the benefits she sees all the time. Some Mom's work because the have to. Some work because they feel that is who they are. No answer is right for every family. In the interest of full disclosure I do feel that if you are going to have kids, you should be the one to raise them. Especially in the beginning. But that is my opinion and my choice. It won't be right for everyone. And that doesn't mean not working. It means if you get off work at 4:00, you pick your kids up. Not leave them until the daycare closes so you can shop. Because, guess what? You can shop with your kids. Get up and give your kids breakfast. Not a poptart in the car. But, those are my things. Not everyone will feel the same.

I don't really have a point. I'm just thankful that I have the freedom to stay home. I thankful I have a choice. I'm happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment