First of all, I've GOT to get a new picture up top. Ugh! It's sunny and warm here today and tomorrow so maybe I'll get a picture.
Second of all, Jamie and I went away over the weekend. Alone. We went to Pigeon Forge, TN. It's just one of our favorite places ever. It's cheesy and touristy. We love to walk around the shops, drive through the park, and get something great for dinner. And oh we sure did all those things this weekend. It was 76 down there over the weekend. We wore short sleeves, rolled down the windows and enjoyed the sun on our faces.
We had a long lovely dinner. We spent a LOT of time talking about our kids and how we needed to bring them back to Pigeon Forge soon. Talked about how much they would like this or that. So, needless to say, we'll be taking another trip down there with our kids.
The kids stayed with the Grandparents and got hopelessly spoiled. We came home with LOTS of laundry. Sarah got to try all kinds of new foods. Nicholas got lots of time outside playing in the West Virginia sunshine. And, well, so did Sarah. She likes it outside. I've had her out today getting fresh air and sunshine. We just plopped a quilt down and some toys and had ourselves a grand ole time.
All in all, it was a fabulous time. I've had a hard time getting back into the routine here. I've missed that warm weather. But it does seem to be headed our way. I made a Texas Sheet Cake for dessert tonight. Maybe that will ease the transition!
No comments:
Post a Comment