Monday, October 31, 2011
Happy Halloween!
My little Happy Haunts will be dressing up this evening. However, we are currently on the fence about trick-or-treating. Nicholas would kind of rather stay home and watch a movie and hang out in his costume. Sarah doesn't know one way or the other. So, we might skip it this year. SHOCKING! However, we've gone trick-or-treating for 9 years straight. We just might take a year off. Next year Sarah will be dragging us around all over the place to get her free candy. And the cycle will start all over again.
We had a nice weekend. The weather was cool and clear. There was a little bit of a breeze and you definitely needed a jacket if you were doing more than running from store to car. We did a little shopping this weekend. Bought Sarah a pretty little dress to wear for Christmas pictures. Saturday night we made homemade pizza and carved our pumpkins. We took a small drive on Sunday and stopped at McDonald's for coffee and hot chocolate. We came home and I did some cleaning while Jamie and the kids did some running around outside.
I fixed a nice warm supper of pork roast, rosemary and cream cheese potatoes, homemade rolls and lima beans. I was trying out a recipe for the rolls. Nicholas LOVED them but Jamie and I didn't care for them. So, back to the drawing board.
By 7:00 Sarah was trying to climb in her bed and crying for "ni-night!" So, she went to bed early. We watched a little football, vegged on the couch and all went to bed early. By 10:30 not a creature was stirring.
I guess that makes it a successful weekend. That and the fact that I took the shopvac to the walls and ceilings. No more cobwebs around here!
As far as weekends go, this one was pretty good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment