Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's a Party!

I've got all the decorations for Sarah's "party" this weekend. Only it really isn't a party. It's more like a family cookout with Pink Monkey Plates. But, hey, whatever works. We have blown up all the airbeds and pulled out some spare mattresses. I'm going to throw sheets and blankets on everything today and let everyone just fight it out. There are plenty of beds but some locations are better than others.

I am very thankful this morning for a good cup of coffee. I've got a nagging headache and a long to-do list. I've got to get to the grocery store this evening and get the rest of the food and other assorted goodies. Every time Jamie starts to complain about the cost or the chaos I remind him that my Mom offered to host at her place so everyone wouldn't have to travel but HE wanted to do it ON OUR OWN. On Race Weekend. In Indy. I'm such a loving and understanding wife that I just know he appreciates how I keep him humble.

We've decided to take the next two weeks as our "summer." Then the kids are off to my Mom's while I'm packing boxes and having a "moving" sale. (I am certainly loving the "quotes" today) Then it will be the chaos of of packing and moving and settling into our small and humble apartment. We like to think of this as an adventure. Just a small step forward. The apartment is really nice actually. There's a garden tub, stainless appliances, a screened in patio, a pool, a fitness center, an indoor gymnasium for basketball (I mean, this is Indiana, it's a requirement), a dog park and activities. The hard part is going from 3,000 square feet to 1300 square feet. I just don't like to dwell on it. It's the end result that matters. We'll pick our lot and start construction some time in December and be in by next summer.

But anyway, we've kind of got these next two weeks before all the crazy begins and I think we're going to just try to have as much "summer" as possible. Lots of sprinkler, water guns, ice cream, backyard football and something fun over next weekend. I'm looking into what that could be. It needs to be budget so we can keep a handle on our expenses but it needs to be fun for all of us.

Hope you have a fabulous Memorial weekend. It's going to be HOT HOT HOT here in Indy. They are calling for the hottest 500 ever. We'll be opening presents wrapped in pink paper, grilling burgers, and eating cake. Let Summer begin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment