Tuesday, May 22, 2012

We're having Sarah's party this weekend. It's a week early but I don't think she'll mind. We are just having family and keeping it kind of simple. She's only two so big and fabulous seems like a stretch. We're going to grill hamburgers and smoke some pork. Set out veggie trays, fruit salad, chips, macaroni salad, and have cake and cupcakes. Her aunt Terah is making the cake and cupcakes. I can't believe she is going to be two. How can it have been two years already?

After the party I'll start tearing the house apart. We'll be having a massive moving sale and packing up our boxes. We're going to spend a little time in an apartment while we pick out a neighborhood and build a house. Our house. Our home. Our place to finally put down some roots. We want a neighborhood so the kids can ride bikes and we can walk on sidewalks. We feel a little isolated here. The problem with us is that Jamie and I like isolated. We don't really do friends. However, I don't really think that is healthy. I think we need to be forced to be among our fellow man. I want Sarah to have little girl friends knock on the door and Nicholas to be able to ride his bike over to the pool or basketball courts.

We went with an apartment with less amenities but a screened in patio. I think having that little outdoor space for Sarah will make a world of difference. There will be a pool and a gym and a fitness center. Truth be told, I'm kind of excited. Apartment living obviously isn't ideal but there will be good things too. We'll have the time and the money to get out more. Thee won't be so much upkeep. It's a very high-end complex so the amenities are really fabulous. Maybe I can even start using the gym. I know I'll be getting out more with the kids!

It is turning into another busy summer. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment