Well, I think by now we all know I went to West Virginia last week. I took a little computer break to hang out and be a slug and read books. For grownups. Without pictures. It was divine. And then I came home and was completely overwhelmed with decisions and things that needed doing. I'm still digging out from under the laundry and throwing together half-hearted meals. It will get better, family. I promise.
I've been a bit of a Mom slacker lately. Maybe I am a bit burned out. It's felt like Sarah is always sick and Nicholas is always off in his own world and Jamie is always working and I'm spinning my wheels and never getting anywhere. There's always too much laundry, too many meals, too much dust and dog hair. And I've just been frustrated.
I'm ready to get my stuff together and get things back under control. I need to get some well-rounded nutritious meals going on around here. We need to finish up the end of year school stuff. And my sweet sweet baby girl has a 2nd birthday coming up. We're throwing her a party next weekend. Why yes, that would be Indy 500 weekend. Why, yes! I do live in Indianapolis. Thank you. There are no paper plates or hotel rooms. I'll have 13 people sleeping here. I'll be fitted for my straight jacket on Tuesday.
Oh wait! Can't go that day. Sarah is finally going to see the Ear Nose and Throat Specialist. It takes an act of God to get an appointment. Ours is the 29th.
I've not made any plans for the girl's birthday! That is not like me at all. I'm dragging Jamie to the party supply store tonight and making up for my lack of enthusiasm up to now by filling in with balloons and streamers and sparkly things.
And then, I get to start packing yet again. We think 13 moves is an unlucky number so, you know, we decided to round it out a little. 15 is a nice round number, don't you think? More on that later.
Right now I must go Pin more Monkey cakes and Zoo birthday party ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment