Last night we went to our first Neighborhood Block Party. We had a surprisingly good time! It was a S'Mores party and they had a small fire pit in they driveway. We all toasted marshmallows and just chit-chatted. There was nothing fancy about it and it was nice to have a chance to meet a bunch of the neighbors. We seem to have a pretty decent mix of people in the neighborhood. We have met more people from South Carolina since we moved here! I'm not sure what the connection is between South Carolina and Utah but they seem to migrate here in droves.
I would say more than half the people we have met since moving here have moved from our side of the country. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the economy. Home prices still crashed here but for some reason there are still lots of jobs. Nice paying professional jobs, construction jobs and a couple large military bases. Utah isn't dependent on manufactoring. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen a factory since we moved here.
We are thinking of taking Nicholas to the World's Larges Open Pit Mine this weekend. I'm pretty sure he would love it and he's been asking to do it since we got here. There's a museum and you can watch the trucks go down down down in the mine. Plus you can take your picture next to one of those 12 foot tall tires. I think he'd like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment