Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pioneer Days

Salt Lake City is gearing up for some big goings on this weekend. Pioneer Days. Or Days of '47. Whichever you want to call it is acceptable. People have been setting off fireworks for days and I expect it only to get worse as the days go by. Not that I mind, I like fireworks.

As of right now we don't really have plans to attend any of the festivities. We're still learning our way around and where everything is. Most of the state has a 3-day weekend. Jamie is working though since we didn't have any plans and he doesn't have any vacation time, yet. There are several people in the office working tomorrow and they pretty much plan on firing up the grill and grilling all day. So don't feel too sorry for him!

We really wanted to go to the rodeo but it was so expensive! It was going to be nearly $80 just for the three of us and that doesn't count snacks, drinks and cowboy hats. It's a big rodeo though and we would love to go next year. There is a smaller one during the State Fair in September and we'll probably try that one.

Nicholas and I have another day planned at the pool. We won't have the truck tomorrow because it would be too much of a hassle for Jamie to try to get downtown. And that is fine. I've got laundry piling up and housework waiting for me. I've also got to get things together for the coming school year. It's time to get folders together and curriculum ordered. I never thought we'd be taking this road home schooling Nicholas but I am thankful it is our right to do so and that we all seem to thrive from it. Nicholas is excited to start back to school in August. He's been helping me look through curriculum and asking for certain unit studies.

Things are falling into place here in Utah. It's not home but we're adjusting well. Keeping our expectations realistic and just enjoying the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment