Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Pregnant Mama's Prayer:



I Thank you Lord for never forgetting us- especially when we feel forgotten.

I praise you for being a God of certainty and purpose when everything else seems so out of control.

I thank you for being constant help when we feel helpless.

I thank you for carrying us when we aren't sure which way to go.

Lord, I ask that you impart the wisdom and knowledge that we need to become excellent mothers.

I ask also, for the understanding we will need in order to properly apply the things we know.

Give us the strength to see the beauty in our pregnancies.

Give our husbands and partners the patience to tolerate our new behaviors.

Give our babies the strength to make it into this world to fulfill your purpose.

Give us to be mindful of the blessing and great responsibility you have bestowed upon us; not to see it as unpleasant, or cursed- but to remember that it was only by your favor and mercy that we were chosen to carry out such a great and mighty assignment.

No matter what happens, help us to always love, respect, and cherish the father of our children.

Remind us, if we forget Oh God, the miracles that you are literally birthing through us.

God I praise you for choosing me. I KNOW I'm not worth of such a great calling, but by grace, I somehow became suitable in your eyes.

This is my prayer, in Jesus' Name.
Thank you Father.
Amen.

I borrowed this from another pregnant lady. It felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment