We had our big ultrasound on Monday. Everything was perfect! All her organs, measurements, bones, toes, fingers etc. were there and were perfect. I'm just in awe of our miracle. When we found out we were pregnant, against all odds, I was stunned. When we found out the medication I'd been on causes severe birth defects, I was devastated but held onto hope. Then there was my age, the fact that I hadn't been taking a prenatal or any vitamin and drink black tea by the gallon, I was sure we would have some sort of problem. I was not very optimistic. Maybe I should be ashamed of my lack of faith?
I'm on blood pressure medicine, I have to stick myself 4 times a day to test my sugar, I'm taking a glucose medicine but thankfully no insulin...yet.
We got our genetic test results back and they were normal. We had our ultrasounds and her Kidneys were there and functioning. There were no soft markers. She measures perfect. That's what they kept saying...perfect.
I started crying on the ultrasound table. I'm such a hot mess right now. I'm a little on the crazy side. I don't remember being this nuts with Nicholas. I have been known lately to throw something across the room because I dropped it. Hormones.
And that's a quick update. Pretty much all I have time for these days!!!
Even though I was advanced maternal age with our 2nd, I refused all testing. She was (and is) perfect!
ReplyDelete