Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Better...

Today is a much better day. We have a lead on a house that we went to look at last night. I heard from the husband that everything went fine, we were the first applications in and we should sign the lease on Friday morning. I just loved it. It was SO homey and nice. It just felt more like "us." No travertine tiles or fancy counter tops (that I hate), plain oak cabinets in the kitchen and LOTS of them. It was just a much more functional than showy house. Split level and all the bedrooms were right there together! Yay! The bedrooms in this house are all on different floors and I HATE it. And the yard isn't huge but it's twice as big as this one and we have a deck. I miss having a deck or patio. I love sitting outside in the summer evenings with my husband. There's room for the grill and some chairs plus a few potted flowers. I feel SO much better knowing we have a place to go.

Now comes the fun part. The packing and the moving. We're doing this one on our own so that will be fun. But, we do what we must.

I'm just ready to move and move on with things. We've been in a harsh situation with this house. They showed up yesterday to serve papers to the owners. I guess they don't even know where they live? It was probably an auction notice or something along those lines. They didn't leave it and I couldn't get a good look at it. I'm just glad to be able to get out of here and have somewhere to go. Maybe we'll have better luck with this house and can stay until we're ready to leave Utah.

At least I now have a baby room to decorate and a nice deck to enjoy parking my pregnant behind on to enjoy the sunshine. If I think about what I have to do here, I get overwhelmed. So, just a day at a time.

1 comment: