Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's getting old and wasteful...

You know what? I am sick sick sick of eating out. Yuck. We've been really busy lately with running errands and being out of the house. So, we've been grabbing something to eat whenever we are out. At $40 or more a pop it's become a HUGE money drain. And you know what? The food is barely mediocre.

We went to Applebees last night and spent $40 on Nicholas a hockey puck they called a burger, me overcooked chicken tenders and mushy fries and Jamie some sort of something they called pasta but had the consistency of mush.

I am sick of spending all this money to eat out and getting crappy service and crappier food. Oh, and you'll love this, they are running ads on the radio set to Christmas music asking people to "spend spend spend..." money for Christmas time because it's the only way out of this economy. Seriously? Tell people to forget saving money, go out to eat and spend lots of cash instead! Yay! That's just so Christmassy!

Well, if you want me to spend money to eat out, the service and the food better start getting a whole lot better. I'll give a nod to The Red Iguana for being local and super delicious. It was on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives not to long ago and is FABULOUS! And you know what? It has been one of the cheapest meals we've eaten out since moving.

And here's a tip, Utah, you can take your stinking Fry sauce and stick it. It's nasty. We don't want it. And while you are ditching the Fry sauce...No, I don't want Strawberry Lemonade. I want tea. Or coke. Don't ask me if I want Strawberry Lemonade or home brewed Root Beer anymore. I may never drink Strawberry Lemonade again just on principle!

OK, rant over for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment