Monday, November 16, 2009

This that and the other....

I feel like I should be running around getting things done today before our company comes on Friday. But I'm not. There isn't much to do. Sure I'll dust and vacuum. Put away a few toys but otherwise the house stays in pretty good shape. Either that or I simply don't care as much as I used to. We live the way we live. Perfection doesn't visit here!

Nicholas wants to bake some cookies before they get here so we'll do that on Friday morning.

We did go grocery shopping over the weekend and got everything for Thanksgiving. I have a small list of items I still need to get, things I forgot.

Jamie has a meeting on Tuesday we are both very anxious about so I'll probably spend some time worrying over that.

Nicholas is going to learn some things about the Pilgrims this week. He's been reading Transformer Books all morning. I'm calling that school because....spontaneous reading by my "I HATE TO READ" son, works for me. He won't read ANYTHING in front of people. Not a road sign, not an instruction book, not a video game...nothing. He's been a bit of a slow reader and also a perfectionist and he hates to mess up or stumble over words in front of people.

Right now he and the dog are in the back yard playing in the snow. I'd like it to melt but at the same time if it melts there will be a ton of mud to contend with. Either way, it's a nightmare for my kitchen floor.

And there you go. A boring list of what is on my mind. Maybe later I'll tell you about Saturday. A day that may forever be known as the Day that Broke Mommy. I'll tell you why I was shedding uncontrollable tears in the middle of my cream of broccoli soup at the restaurant. How we got home and I locked myself in the room and cried for an hour. How I just shattered and begged God to deliver my family from Utah. Melodramatic much? Some days I think I need medicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment