I had this whole, I'm going to talk about our journey with infertility, the pain, the heartache, the acceptance and the joy thing going for today. And then, I decided it was Monday and yeah, didn't feel that deep today. The sun is shining. It's 9:00 and my boy is still asleep. Totally the sign of a busy weekend. My baby is kicking me in the ribs. I just didn't feel like dwelling in that house of pain today.
We had a pretty awesome weekend. My boys indulged me shopping Saturday. We hit the mall, the outlet mall, Lowes and a few other places. Jamie and Nicholas got the swing set all finished up yesterday morning. I'm so proud of my hubby! He put that monstrosity together all by himself!!!! He was totally lacking an able-bodied assistant. Nicholas was great for fetching and carrying and placing screws but all the hard work he did himself.
Last night we broke in our new fire pit with s'mores (for the guys). We just sat by the fire and enjoyed talking while Nicholas and the dog ran around. It was a lovely evening for all.
Today is laundry, school work, house work and meal planning. I'm determined to eat at home every night this week. It's a goal. I keep my goals small these days. It makes it easier to succeed!
Life is so much simpler in this house. We went to the old neighborhood on Saturday morning because they were having their once a year yard sale. Other times of the year you are fined for having one. Of course houses had to pay $20 to be allowed to have one with the group so I don't really see the difference. Anyway, we both said later that it felt very oppressive being there again. It's just a different breed of people. And we both laughed at some of the prices people wanted for their stuff! The stuff that was still sitting there later in the day. Welcome to reality people! No one is giving you $50 for a broken chair! Or $10 for an activity table THAT YOU LOST THE PIECES TO! And you certainly aren't getting $3 for those kids shoes that look like something I would have thrown away. They were so dirty I wouldn't let them in my house! But we did score a couple things. A pair of bar stools for $5 and some baskets with liners for the baby's room for $1 each.
So, for a Monday, that is as deep as I'm getting. My chores are waiting and I probably should wake up my kid. By the time he eats breakfast I'll be cooking lunch!
That is an impressive swing set. We got ours (similar to yours, but not as fancy) when Sissy was first born. We've gotten a lot of mileage out of that thing and the Evil Twin did the whole thing himself, too! Enjoy your summer!
ReplyDelete