Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday, already?

It's Friday again. The weeks just seem to keep flying by. We have a pretty busy weekend ahead of us. For one thing, we need to put some groceries in this house! It's rather bare. I hate it when it is like this. I'm much happier having things stocked up and ready to go. We need a major trip to Sam's club but that is probably going to have to wait since the car also needs to go in the shop. Isn't it always something?

So, we're going to do some work around the house this weekend. Nothing major. Just cleaning and sorting some things. We need to start getting ready for Christmas. Plus we need to tweak our classroom space to accommodate our work a little better. Jamie has to go into work for a bit but he's going to take Nicholas with him, which Nicholas loves. I wish I could talk him into taking Sarah, too but that was a no-go.

It's been so cold and raining this week. I haven't minded. We didn't get a Fall while we were out in Utah. There just aren't trees and it's the desert so not a lot of rain either. There were hardly ever gray days. We got a lot of snow but the sun ALWAYS came right back out. You never got that heavy gray cloud cover that lasted a day or two. It seems crazy to say we missed all that. However, we did. Ask me in February, though, how I'm feeling about it and I'm sure I'll be telling a different story.

One thing I've found with the change in weather is that I really need to get some clothes. Nothing fancy. I've got decent things for going out. But I need some everyday stuff. The stuff you throw on for a day of homeschooling, cooking and hanging out. When you still want to feel like you look decent but need to be comfortable, too.

But first, I need to figure out what I'm going to feed these people this week. Then I'm going to need to pack oxygen for when Jamie sees the grocery bill. Oh, it's going to be a good time.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy fall in WV, since the fall in Georgia was never like the ones we grew up with. The winter, though . . . Well, I can handle it until after Christmas, then I get a little stir crazy.

    This year is flying by!

    ReplyDelete